- Ride Type: ACP 200k
- Date: April 11th, 2015
- Fee: $25, CIBC members deduct $5. Click here to become CIBC member. Be sure to make out a separate check for CIBC membership.
- Start Time: 6:30
- Registration: 5:30
- Time Limit: 13.5 Hours
- Ride Ends: 20:00 on January 10th
- Route Map (Subject to Revision): http://ridewithgps.com/routes/480134
- Cue sheet (Subject to Revision): (XLS)
- Start: The Harris home at 6332 Giovanni Way, Quartz Hill, CA 93551. Finish Location: Finish and start are at the same location, there is ample parking on the street.
- Waiver and Registration
- Registered Riders
Information: This ride includes spectacular views of the California Poppy Reserve in full bloom and explores the northern borders of the Angeles Forest along the foothills of the Antelope Valley. You are in for about 6,000 ft of total climbing. Starting from my home in Quartz Hill we will tour the Poppy Reserve and western Antelope Valley before climbing into the Sierra Pelona foothills. Following a cross-town trip through Palmdale we will then head out towards the Big Rock Creek at the foot of the San Gabriel Mountains. Our return will visit the town of Littlerock before a final climb over Godde Hill. There will be manned water stops at Three Points and Sycamore Campground at opposite ends of the route, plus checkpoints at convenient locations in Palmdale and Littlerock. Back at the Harris home we will rustle up something good on the grill.
SAG / Support: This is a typical Randonneur event where you are required to be self-sufficient. However, SAG will be available on call to those who have a cell phone. Given the length of the course it may be some time before we can get to you, so be prepared with sufficient warm clothing/emergency blankets/food/water, etc. so you are comfortable and safe until we can reach you. As always in an emergency call 911.
Ride Organizer: Jim Harris (email@example.com)