- Date: April 9th
- Ride Type: RUSA Dart (team event)
- Start Time: 05:00 April 9th
- Finish time: 18:30 April 9, 2016 at the Jones home for their rando world famous pizza & drinks.
- Time Limit: 13.5 hours
- Minimum distance 200K
- No less than 25k to be ridden in the last 2 hours (Similar to the 22 Hour Rule for a Fleche)
- A Dart team must have 3-5 bicycles (which is 3 to 10 people, depending on how many tandems).
- Start Location / Route: Your choice
- Finish Location: 4465 Cedarglen Court, Moorpark, CA 93021 (Wood fired Pizza at the Finish)
- Write a check to Channel Islands Bicycle Club (CIBC) for $30. RUSA members, deduct $5. CIBC members deduct another $5. Click here to become CIBC member. Be sure to make out a separate check for CIBC membership.
- RUSA Dart Waiver and Registration
- Registered Riders
All routes must be reviewed and approved by the Dart coordinator (Foster Nagaoka). The team captain must submit the proposed route to Foster before April 4th.
Here is a link to the RUSA Dart rules page: http://www.rusa.org/teamrando.html. Be sure to look the rules over before designing your route. If you have any questions, please contact Foster.
Each Dart team member must fill out the online entry form and sign the waiver. The waivers must be mailed to Foster before April 4, 2016.
Transportation: The finish location is near the Moorpark Amtrak / Metrolink station. Unfortunately the number of trains available Saturday night is not good. The easiest way to get around this is to drive to the station Friday evening, drop your car off and take Amtrak or Metrolink back home or to your start destination. Upon finishing, if you don’t feel like riding the three miles to the station, we can shuttle your team driver to the station from the finish location.
Route Suggestions: In terms of making your course and riding by the rules of the Dart, this is a good tune up for those still on the fence for the Fleche coming up on April 23rd. Be sure to plan a receipt stop 15.5 or more miles before the finish. From Greg’s house that could be, western Camarillo, Cal State Univ Channel Islands (CSUCI) to the south, Agoura or western San Fernando Valley to the east, Piru or Santa Paula to the north and eastern Ventura to the west.
Ride Organizer: Foster Nagaoka (firstname.lastname@example.org)