- Ride Type: ACP 600k
- Date: April 28th 2018
- Fee: $70, CIBC members deduct $5. RUSA members deduct $5. (Non-RUSA members will not receive RUSA credit and are not eligible for RUSA or ACP awards.) Click here to become CIBC member. Be sure to make out a separate check for CIBC membership.
- Start Time: 5:00
- Registration: April 27th until 10pm
- Time Limit: 40.0 Hours
- Ride Ends: 21:00 April 29th
- Route Map (Subject to Revision): https://ridewithgps.com/routes/25726676
- Cue sheet (Subject to Revision – Updated 4/24): (PDF) (Word)
- Start: Budget Inn, 1001 Olive St, San Luis Obispo, CA 93405
- End: Best Western, 27174 Ortega Hwy, San Juan Capistrano.
- Waiver and Registration
- Registered Riders
- Flyer (PDF)
This 600k is a new route from San Luis Obispo, along the coast, to San Juan Capistrano with an overnight at Greg’s house in Moorpark. There’s a total of 12,500′ of climbing and we should have a tail wind most of the way. I only have the minimum controls necessary to satisfy the route committee so you are free to refuel where ever you want to. You can take the Amtrak Pacific Surfliner from San Juan Capistrano all the way to San Luis Obispo before or after the ride and you don’t need to box your bikes. Both the start and end hotels are within a mile of the station.
No registration will be possible on the morning of the ride. You must provide your signed waiver and ride fee by 10pm the prior evening – registering by mail is even better. I will post the room number where you can register on our Google Group when I get there on Friday afternoon. Food will be provided at the overnight control and at the end. I can carry one RUSA sized drop bag per rider from the start to the overnight control and then to the end, but it won’t arrive at the end until Sunday afternoon at the earliest. Please make sure your drop bags have your name and RUSA number clearly marked.
There will be a 400k option that follows this route closely but ends at Greg’s house in Moorpark.
Ride Organizer: Terry Hutt (firstname.lastname@example.org)