- Ride Type: RUSA 200k
- Date: December 12, 2015
- Fee: $25, CIBC members deduct $5. Click here to become CIBC member. Be sure to make out a separate check for CIBC membership.
- Start Time: 0630
- Time Limit: 13.5 hours
- Ride Ends: 2000 on December 12
- Route Map (Subject to Revision): ridewithgps.com/routes/7752954?privacy_code=jldekoennbvf5qh3
- Cue sheet (Subject to Revision): (XLS)
- Start: Home of Linda and Larry Bott 6274 Fremont Street Ventura, CA 93003
- Waiver and Registration
- Registered Riders
This is a very good route for first time randonneurs, with a mix of rural and urban riding. This route has 2 main portions. The first leg does a circumnavigation of the Oxnard Plain, very similar to the Big Dipper 200K Permanent. The main differences are the controls at Ventura and Channel Islands Harbors, and Port Hueneme Beach. The second leg after returning to the Bott residence, is an out and back to Santa Barbara Harbor. This route tours some of the harbors and beaches in the area at a more relaxed pace, and the only obstacle may be the headwind on the way to Santa Barbara. The same headwind is a welcome tailwind on the way back to Ventura. The course, barring coastal fog, has views of the Channel Islands off the coast of Ventura and Santa Barbara counties.
Ride Organizer: Foster Nagaoka (firstname.lastname@example.org)