- Ride Type: RUSA 200k brevet
- Date: October 29, 2017 (A Sunday)
- Fee: $25, CIBC members deduct $5. Click here to become CIBC member. Be sure to make out a separate check for CIBC membership.
- Start Time: 0700
- Registration: 0630
- Time Limit: 13.5 Hours
- Route Map (Subject to Revision): https://ridewithgps.com/routes/17612657
- Cue sheet (Subject to Revision): (XLS)
- Start: Parking lot at northeast corner of Altadena Drive and Washington Blvd., Pasadena, 91107. There is a McDonalds nearby with a restroom.
- Finish: Kerin’s house. 1151 N Vinedo Ave, Pasadena 91107. This is 0.35 miles from start. Parking: It is suggested that you park on the street near the finish location, then ride to the start. But you can also park on Altadena Dr north of Washington.
- Waiver and Registration
- Registered Riders
Description: This ride will take you up two of the best cycling roads in Southern California- Glendora Mountain Road and Glendora Ridge Road. These roads feature very little car traffic, terrific views, and steady 5-6% gradients. There will be a manned control with food at the rest area just north of Baldy Village. After enjoying a snack, you will fly down Mt. Baldy Road to Upland, then do a little loop in the neighborhoods of Upland and Fontana. The return will be mostly along Baseline Road (Route 66), plus the usual cycling routes across the San Gabriel Valley.
The finish will be at Kerin’s house (which is only a few blocks from the starting location) where you can enjoy some food and drinks.
This ride is a challenging ride with 9000 feet of climbing. But as long as the weather is not too hot, the climbs are pleasant and scenic. Unless you are a very fast rider, you should plan on bringing lights and reflective gear – it is easy to run out of daylight this time of year.
If you are going to ride, please pre-register or just send me an email so that I can plan for food and support.
SAG: The Baldy Village control will be manned. There will be no SAG vehicle, but if you have a major mechanical you can call me and I will try to get to you eventually.