- Ride Type: ACP 200k
- Date: January 1st, 2019
- Must be a current RUSA member to ride in this event.
- Fee: cash, or checks payable to Channel Islands Bicycle Club (CIBC) for $25, CIBC members deduct $5. Click here to become CIBC member. Be sure to make out a separate check for CIBC membership.
- Start Time: 6:30
- Registration: 5:30
- Time Limit: 13.5 Hours
- Ride Ends: 20:00 on January 1st
- Route Map (subject to change): http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1963654
- Cue sheet (subject to change): (XLS)
- Start: 26751 Portola Parkway, Foothill Ranch, CA 92610
- Rider Reservation Form must be completed and submitted. Registration will be completed at the start. Please fill in the form completely to not cause a delay in registration.
- Rider Reservation List
The route starts in Foothill Ranch in Orange County, goes through Santiago Canyon, straight to the coast most on paths, then along the PCH to the South end of Camp Pendleton and returns. It has about 4500 feet of climbing, but nothing is huge and it spread out enough making it relatively easy. Most riders will go through Laguna Beach early enough in the morning when the traffic is generally light. It’s a good “newbie” route, but it’s not as easy as the Malibu Coastal Cruise.
It is suggested that riders park near the finish and ride to the start. There is plenty of parking near the finish. The ride to the start will be 0.7 miles of downhill, along this route.
Because of new security regulations at Camp Pendleton, if you want to ride through the base, you need to show up in person at the Camp Pendleton visitor center, well ahead of this ride and apply for your DBIDS Recreational Bicycle Pass: https://www.pendleton.marines.mil/Base-Access/Recreational-Bicycling/ If you do not do this ahead of time, then you will have to ride the I-5 shoulder to Oceanside for the South-end control and back. The I-5 shoulder is well maintained by CalTrans for cyclists from Las Pulgas road to Oceanside, and with the shallow grade climbs it’s actually faster than riding through the base.
Ride Organizer: Willie Hunt (email@example.com)