- Ride Type: RUSA Dart Populaire 120k
- Date: May 19th
- Fee: Write a check to Channel Islands Bicycle Club (CIBC) for $15. RUSA members, deduct $5. CIBC members deduct another $5. Click here to become CIBC member. Be sure to make out a separate check for CIBC membership.
- Start Time: 8:00
- Registration: Online – coordinate with event organizer
- Time Limit: 8 Hours
- Ride Ends: 16:00
- Route Map: Build your own route
- Cue sheet: Build your own cue sheet
- Start: At least 120km from San Juan Capistrano
- Finish Location: Bad to the Bone BBQ, 31738 Rancho Viejo Rd, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
- Waiver and Registration
This will be a sociable Dart Populaire following the normal Dart rules. See the RUSA rules at https://rusa.org/pages/teamrando. We will form teams of 3 to 5 riders (tandems count as two riders). Each team has a captain who is responsible for the route design and ensuring their team follows the rules. If you want to captain a team, or find a team, or just have questions – contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Team captains will need to submit a route to me by May 5th with appropriate controls including the 25 km control (see the RUSA rules).
We will all finish at San Juan Capistrano at 4pm at the Bad to the Bone BBQ. The San Juan Capistrano Amtrak/Metrolink station is about a mile away. The finish is roughly 120 km away from San Diego, Los Angeles, Pasadena, and Riverside. It can be approached in either direction on the San Juan Creek trail.
I rode my first Dart Populaire with the San Diego group last year and enjoyed it so much I thought I would host one of my own. I hope we all have as much fun as I did.
Ride Organizer: Terry Hutt (email@example.com)