- Ride Type: ACP 200k
- Date: September 5th, 2015
- Fee: $0 to CIBC members. Non-members $20. Click here to become CIBC member. Though free to CIBC members, all must register and sign waiver before riding. A CIBC membership will enable one to ride this brevet free and receive a $5 discount to most PCHR brevets during your membership..
- Start Time: 0700
- Time Limit: 13.5 hours
- Ride Ends: 2030 on September 5th
- Route Map (Subject to Revision): http://ridewithgps.com/routes/9752234?privacy_code=ptcfbeylmaqqjans
- Cue sheet (Subject to Revision):
- Start: Home of Linda and Larry Bott 6274 Fremont Street Ventura, CA 93003
- Waiver and Registration
- Registered Riders
This is the Matthew O’Neill Memorial 200K Brevet Ride to honor our friend Matthew O’Neill, who was tragically killed last year. The ride fee of $0.00 to CIBC members is not a typo, but preregistration is encouraged to help us prepare for the ride. This route is on one of his favorite routes, with breakfast at the Somis Market included. We hope to gather many of our randonneuring friends to ride in his honor. A very good route for first time randonneurs, with a mix of rural and urban riding. This route has 2 main portions. The first leg does a circumnavigation of the Oxnard Plain, very similar to the Big Dipper 200K Permanent. The main differences are the controls at Ventura and Channel Islands Harbors, and a stop at Port Hueneme Beach. The second leg after returning to the Bott residence, is an out and back to Santa Barbara Harbor. This route tours some of the harbors and beaches in the area at a more relaxed pace, and the only obstacle may be the headwind on the way to Santa Barbara. The same headwind is a welcome tailwind on the way back to Ventura. The course, barring coastal fog, has views of the Channel Islands off the coast of Ventura and Santa Barbara counties.
Ride Organizer: Foster Nagaoka (email@example.com)