- Ride Type: ACP 200k
- Date: Saturday April 6th 2019
- Must be a current RUSA member to ride in this event.
- Fee: cash, or checks payable to Channel Islands Bicycle Club (CIBC) for $25, CIBC members deduct $5. Click here to become CIBC member. Be sure to make out a separate check for CIBC membership.
- Start Time: 0630h
- Registration: 0600h
- Time Limit: 13.5 Hours
- Ride Ends: 8:00pm
- Route Map: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28474201
- Cue Sheet: (PDF)
- Ride Notes: (PDF)
- Start Location: Extended Stay America, 22711 Oakcrest Circle, Yorba Linda, CA
- Rider Reservation Form must be completed and submitted. Registration will be completed at the start. Please fill in the form completely to not cause a delay in registration.
- Rider Reservation List
This year’s Triple Loop event consists of three 200 km sections each starting and ending at the Extended Stay America in Yorba Linda.
200 km riders will only ride the first loop.
The first loop is a fast easy route that uses a lot of class A bike paths. There is about 1,800 ft of climbing and there are very few stop lights or stop signs on this section. The 400 and 600 km riders will be able to acquire a large time buffer. Although we’re in Los Angeles, there are some surprisingly scenic stretches. If you’re not in a hurry, take the time to ride along the beach path in Huntington Beach.
This event is a gentle introduction for riders who are new to randonneuring. Riding alongside experienced riders who are qualifying for PBP gives you the chance to observe their gear and technique and ask them questions. This section is much flatter than any 200 km on PBP. Don’t worry – I make up for that on the next loop.
There are a few very short sections of dirt on the route. If you’re uncomfortable riding on hard packed dirt (could be soft or even muddy if we’ve had a storm) you can walk your bike and only lose five minutes. There will be a head wind as we approach Long Beach on the Los Angeles River Trail so try to buddy up for that stretch.
Ride Organizer: Terry Hutt (firstname.lastname@example.org)