- Ride Type: RUSA 200k
- Date: December 15th, 2018
- Must be a current RUSA member to ride in this event.
- Fee: cash, or checks payable to Channel Islands Bicycle Club (CIBC) for $10.
- Start Time: 0630h
- Registration: 0530h
- Time Limit: 13.5 Hours
- Ride Ends: 20:00h (8:00pm)
- Route Map (subject to change): https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28990031
- Cue Sheet (subject to change): (PDF / XLS)
- Start Location: Starbucks 6127-B Telegraph Rd Ventura, CA 93003
- Rider Reservation Form must be completed and submitted. Registration will be completed at the start. Please fill in the form completely to not cause a delay in registration.
- Rider Reservation List
The Channel Islands 200K has 2 main portions. The first, control heavy leg does a circumnavigation of the Oxnard Plain, with controls at Ventura and Channel Islands Harbors, Port Hueneme Beach and a stop at Somis Market, where a Mexican breakfast can be had. After Somis, the route returns to Ventura, where you pass your vehicle and you can drop off or pick up clothes.
The second leg is an out and back along the coast to Santa Barbara Harbor. The only obstacle may be the headwind on the way to Santa Barbara. The same headwind is a welcome tailwind on the way back to Ventura. Daylight length is less than 10 hours at this time of the year. A light check will be conducted to verify all riders have functioning headlights and taillights. Though this can be a very fast course, be prepared for the possibility of being out in the dark if delays happen. The course, barring coastal fog, has views of the Channel Islands off the coast of Ventura and Santa Barbara counties. The coast is usually very mild, with lows in the 50’s, and highs in the 70’s.
Ride Organizer: Foster Nagaoka (Foster Nagaoka <email@example.com)