- Ride Type: ACP 200k
- Date: Sunday August 26th, 2018
- Fee: write a check to Channel Islands Bicycle Club (CIBC) for $30. RUSA members, deduct $5. (Non-RUSA members will not receive RUSA credit and are not eligible for RUSA or ACP awards.) CIBC members deduct another $5. Click here to become CIBC member. Be sure to make out a separate check for CIBC membership.
- Start Time: 0630h
- Registration: 0600h
- Time Limit: 13.5 Hours
- Ride Ends: 20:00h (8:00pm)
- Route Map: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/7752954?privacy_code=JlDEKoEnnBvf5qh3
- Cue Sheet: (PDF / XLS)
- Start Location: Home of Linda and Larry Bott 6274 Fremont Street Ventura, CA 93003
- Waiver and Registration
- Registered Riders
This is a summer fun ride that generally hugs the coast and has some cool temps and hopefully favorable winds to go with it. The first leg is a circumnavigation of the Oxnard Plain, with tours of the harbors and beaches. Many riders will include a breakfast burrito stop at Somis Market on the way. The second leg is an out and back to Santa Barbara which may have a headwind on the waynorth, but the same headwind becomes awelcome tailwind on the way back. Barring coastal fog, there are views of the Channel Islands off the coast. Always a favorite is the turnaround point at Santa Barbara Harbor. Some will choose to make a quick stop here with a receipt from a minimart while others will choose to enjoy the sights of the harbor and enjoy watching the tourists go by while having lunch. Either way there is something for everyone. It is truly an enjoyable ride made special with its Audax Club Parisien (ACP) status that will allow you to register for Paris Brest Paris a little earlier in 2019.
Ride Organizer: Foster Nagaoka (Foster Nagaoka <email@example.com)